The modern lifestyle is increasingly becoming hectic and it is not surprising that cleaning the household is seen as one of the most difficult chores. With the emergence of cordless vacuums cleaners, everything has changed and cleaning can be done with lots of enjoyment. A vacuum cleaner uses an air pump to create a partial vacuum that suck up dust, water and dirt from floor surfaces such as upholstery and draperies. After it is sucked, the dirt is stored either in dust bag or a cyclone for later disposable. Vacuum cleaners come in a variety of sizes and models that include small battery powered, wheeled canisters and huge vacuum cleaners. Wheeled canisters are ideal for home cleaning while huge vacuum cleaners can be used to clean large spaces because they can handle many litres of dust before being emptied.
When buying a vacuum cleaner, it is not easy to get the right one because they are different in terms of design, ease of use, battery life, price, weight, versatility and performance among other features. This task may not be exciting but the following list of 7 best cordless vacuum cleaners will make the work easy for you.
1. Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is described as the only cordless stick vacuum that uses Hoover WindTunnel technology and cyclonic filtration, which enables you to clean without ever having to search for an outlet. It has dimensions of 10.6 x 8 x 25 inches and weighs 10 pounds. The Hoover Linx is compact and versatile and is used to clean both hard floors and carpet places. Being cordless means that there are no hassles of a power cord which is usually too short for the brush of the machine to reach distant spaces. The power controls are highly intuitive together with the battery fuel gauge which can be seen instantly. Other features include edge cleaning bristles, a wide cleaning path and a bottom release dirt cup that ensures that you clean up without getting your hands dirty. It uses a LINX Cordless Fade-Free** Lithium-Ion Battery System whereby you can interchange the battery with charger, an extreme recline handle and a low profile base that ensure that the cleaner fits well under furniture and counter edges.
Why choose Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
-It uses the WindTunnel technology which makes cleaning easy by lifting deep down dirt from carpet to hard floors.
-The power controls are positioned conveniently from where you can switch on and off right at your finger tips.
– The battery fuel gauge is well placed so that you can monitor the amount of power left from the battery gauge easily.
– It has a wide cleaning path which covers more surface area thus shortening cleaning time.
– The canister is easy to empty because the vacuum cleaner has bottom release dirt cup to prevent from dirt from reaching your hands.
-The low profile base and the extreme recline handle makes it easy to reach under furniture and counter edges.
-It is easy to assemble and is light in weight.
-It turns easily and rolls well and is great at picking up pet fur.
-It comes with a two year warranty.
Potential concerns with Hoover Linx BH500100 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
-As with other cordless vacuum cleaners, the main problem has to do with low battery life.
-Rollers are easily caught up in pet fur and human hair.
-Base cannot swivel which limit its mobility.
The Hoover Linx BH500100 cordless vacuum cleaner is a high performance sleek and versatile cleaner that is highly recommended for home use. With highly intuitive power controls, this cleaner makes household cleaning easy and fun.
2. Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum
The Dyson Cordless vacuum cleaner has dimensions of 9.8 x 8.2 x 46.4 inches and weighs 4.5 pounds. It is powered by the Dyson digital motor V6 generating suction that gives 20 minutes of fade-free power. The motorized head cleaner cleans all types of floors and the trigger releases instantly. It also transforms for easy cleaning on the floor and up high in the ceiling plus it is easily held by hand for quick cleans. The Dyson V6 is lightweight and has a slim design that makes it easy to store and to transport around your working areas. Other features include stiff nylon bristles hat cover the full width and carbon fiber filaments that ensure that fine dust is completely removed from hard floors.
Why choose Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum
– It cleans well thanks to the cyclones that are arranged across 2 tiers that work in parallel to increase airflow and capture fine dust.
-It uses a motorized cleaner head that is engineered to clean all types of floors.
– The trigger releases instantly while the suction starts and stays strong. This means that the battery is not much wasted during cleaning task.
– It is easy to empty the bin, with just a push of the button to release dust.
– It is perfect for cleaning high up thanks to its design and lightweight of only 4.5 pounds.
– It comes with a dock station that makes it easy and fast to stow away and charge.
– The brush roller is easy to change and clean.
– It has a good design that enables easy cleaning of furniture and stairs.
– It comes with a 2 year warranty.
Potential concerns with Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum
– The battery is not changeable.
-The battery life is also short and not very good for cleaning large spaces as it dies after 15 minutes.
Dyson V6 vacuum cleaner makes the best choice when it comes to its functionality features. It is a multipurpose cord free vacuum cleaner that cleans all types of surfaces from the floor to high places like the ceiling, crevices and even curtains. It the perfect choice when you need a versatile vacuum cleaner that is easy to handle and handle a variety of cleaning jobs.
3. Eufy HomeVac Light Weight Cordless Upright-style vacuum cleaner
This is a powerful cordless vacuum cleaner measuring 10.3 x 8.7 x 43 inches and weighs 5.8 pounds. The HomeVac has a 28.8V cyclone filtration system which delivers some of the strongest suction available. It is touted as having a double cleaning action that uses HEPA-style filter to remove allergens that are usually released into the air during cleaning. It is equipped with a maneuverable swivel head whose pivot can easily move around table legs and slide under furniture comfortably. This vacuum cleaner uses a large 2200 mAh Li-ion battery that will last for up to 50 minutes of vacuuming. It is a Go-Anywhere Vacuum with a large 0.9L dust holder that is easy to empty and clean. The accompanying accessories include the HomeVac, wall mounting, power adapter and a guide. It is described as a time and energy saving cleaner that will clean your mess in one pass.
Why buy Eulf Homevac light Weight Cordless Upright-Style Vacuum cleaner
– It makes a 180- degree rotation, so you don’t have to pick and place it in different directions during cleaning.
– It saves time and a lot of energy since every dirt is cleaned in a single pass.
– It has a superior long lasting battery that delivers superior cordless performance for up to 55 minutes of vacuuming.
– Its dust collectors and filters are easily disassembled for emptying, cleaning and rinsing thus making it easy to maintain.
– The 4 LEDs on the front illuminates the path and allows good visibility of the dirt.
– It removes dust and other allergens effectively so that they do not release into the air during the cleaning process.
– It is a 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner and you can use it as either a stick or handheld vacuum depending on your choice.
– It comes with an equipped handheld unit to ensure that it reaches every corner during cleaning.
– It has great customer service.
Potential concerns with the Eulf HomeVac
-It doesn’t have very good suction on carpets.
– The warranty period of 15 months is short yet there are complains of it failing after sometime.
The Eulf HomeVac is a powerful cordless vacuum cleaner with fast and double cleaning action that will save you energy and time. It is easy to use, clean and store hence a highly recommended vacuum cleaner for home use especially for the performance and price.
4. Dyson V8 Absolute
The Dyson V8 Absolute is a great innovation in the family of Dyson vacuum cleaners. Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8, it is touted as one of the best when it comes to work performance. It has a longer battery life which makes it good for cleaning different working surfaces. This vacuum cleaner comes with additional cleaner heads to offer a variety of options to suit different surfaces and areas to be cleaned. It uses a direct-drive cleaner head with 150 more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cord free vacuum. This means that it removes more dirt especially on the carpet. It is also a multifunctional vacuum cleaner thanks to the motorized tools for stairs and furniture. Other features include a cleaning path width of 9.8 ft which makes cleaning easy and fast, a dust bin capacity of 0.15 liters and weight of 2.61 kg which is a normal standard for household cleaning and a trigger that releases instantly. It has a powerful suction for up to 40 minutes and must be charged for a minimum of 4 hours prior to using it.
Why choose Dyson V 8 Absolute vacuum cleaner
– It removes both fine dust and large debris from hard floors thanks to its powerful suction and soft roller cleaner head.
– It has a powerful suction of up to 40 minutes and up to 25 minutes with motorized floor tools attached
– It is cordless hence hassle-free.
– It is healthy since it uses HEPA filtration mechanism that captures allergens and expels cleaner air into the surrounding.
– It is quiet and designed to improve sound quality.
-It ejects dust from the bin in a single action which is healthier and simple.
– It deep cleans the carpet and also sucks up pet hair perfectly using the direct-drive motorhead.
-More than 2 years warranty which is the higher warranty covers than the others cordless vacuums.
– It has an excellent cleaning performance on hardwood floors and all carpets.
– It is flexible as it quickly transforms to a handheld for spot cleaning, quick cleanups and cleaning difficult areas.
– It comes with a dock station for convenient storage and charging.
Potential concerns with Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless vacuum cleaner.
-The price is on the higher side compared to most vacuum cleaners.
-The battery cannot be charged while on use and 4 hours of charging is a bit long.
The Dyson V8 absolute is a vacuum cleaner with many good features that you will need in a cleaner. From the powerful suction, HEPA filtration and excellent cleaner heads to excellent removal of all kinds of debris and dust, this is a perfect choice if you are looking for an improvement of Dyson V6.
5. Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion 2-1 stick and Handheld Vacuum
The Ergorarido is a unique vacuum cleaner and performs differently compared with other vacuums. Most notable is its high performance 10.8V lithium turbo power battery that charges four times faster, have long run times and operates at the full power the entire time that it is on. It uses a unique Brush Roll clean technology that saves you trouble of having to clean vacuum brush tools with your hand or any other method. Moreover, it is fixed with a blade which cuts all long hairs and fibers before it vacuums them into the bag. It has the 180-degrees EasySteer maneuverability which enables smooth turning and movement when doing vacuuming for different floors. It has dimensions of 5 x 10.8 x 42.5 inches and weighs 5.5 pounds which makes it lightweight and together with its bagless design, the Ergorapido is easy to get around from room to room. Other features include the crevice tool, 2-in-1 detachable handheld, motorized brushroll, easy clean allergen filter and a 2 year warranty.
Why choose Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion 2-in-1 stick and Handheld vacuum Cleaner
-It has excellent easy navigation features like 180 degrees EasySteer Maneuverability, lightweight and bagless design.
-It is possible to charge it while vacuuming because of the charging stand included.
– It uses high performance Lithium Ion Turbo power battery with 4 times faster charging and best run time.
-Its dust spotted LED light helps you to see dust so you don’t leave any behind while doing cleaning.
– It is a convertible stick and handheld vacuum cleaner to clean bare floors and hard to reach places.
– Being cordless means it is hassle-free and can clean anywhere you need.
– The battery is designed to stand on its own in case there are unexpected interruptions.
– It uses an easy clean allergen filter as it is washable and reusable.
– It is excellent at picking up pets and human hair.
Potential concerns with Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion
– Not best in collecting large debris especially on rugs and carpet.
-You may find that the canister is a bit small and fills up quickly.
– It does not stand up on its own, and you cannot lean it somewhere unless left on the floor.
This vacuum cleaner has a unique and powerful battery plus a brush roll technology that enables easy cleaning. It also has many extra good features including a nice color, ease of setup and light weight which means that it can be used by all members of your family with ease. This is therefore a good vacuum cleaner for your household cleaning and you should also remember to keep hair, loose clothing and all parts of your body away from openings and moving parts for safety purposes.
6. Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Shark navigator Freestyle Cordless stick vacuum has dimensions of 10.5 x 9.6 x 46 inches and weighs 7.5 pounds. It is described as offering the best cleaning results on all types of surfaces. It uses a 10.8V battery that has a strong suction power, extended run time and can clean a large surface before recharging. It offers easy navigation thanks to its advanced swivel steering which provides excellent control when cleaning around furniture. The Shark also uses a powerful motorized brushroll that catches pet hair from carpets. The navigator uses a large dust cup to hold more dust and debris for extended cleaning without interruption. It is also designed to make it easy to empty the dust cup without getting in touch with the dirt.
Why choose Shark Navigator Freestyle cordless vacuum cleaner
– It is affordable yet reliable.
– It comes with a little docking station that the wheel sits on to charge and thus takes almost no space.
– It has a superior pick-up power on pet hair hence a good choice for pet owners.
– It uses a large XL size canister and you can do the whole house without emptying canister and without running out of charge.
– The Shark has two settings for rug and bare floor and you only need to control the settings to suit your cleaning surface easily.
– It easily goes under console table, chairs and also couches.
– It uses a powerful battery with strong suction power, and extended run times.
– It is portable and lightweight and can be operated by anyone easily.
Potential concerns with Shark navigator freestyle cordless stick vacuum
– It may not be good at picking large debris.
– It takes a long time to charge and a bit small running time compared to other cordless vacuum cleaners.
The Shark Navigator is a powerful cordless vacuum cleaner that is good for carpet cleaning as well as pet hair pick up. It is also convenient given its XL-capacity dust cup that is easy to empty and allow for extended cleaning without interruptions. It is therefore a perfect choice for household cleaning especially for pet owners.
7. NPOLE 2-in-1 Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Detachable Hand Vacuum for car and pets
NPOLE is a 2-in-1 cordless vacuum cleaner with detachable hand vacuum. It has dimensions of 11 X 10 X 47 inches and weighs of 6.4 pounds. It is a highly maneuverable vacuum cleaner that can be carried around to where the mess is. It is operated by pressing down the power button for 1 second to start the cleaner and then pressing it again to switch to another mode and another one to switch off the power. It is cordless and uses a rechargeable battery which moves freely to clean a variety of surfaces including different types of floors, upholstery, car interiors and under furniture. It is modified with low profile nozzle which is ideal for cleaning under beds, tables and chairs. Other features include a cyclonic system, 2200mAh lithium power battery, an upright stick, bottom empty dirt cup, 180-degree swivel-glide and HEPA filter.
Why choose NPOLE 2-in-1 cordless upright vacuum cleaner
– It has a lightweight design and the folding handle make it highly portable. It can also be stored comfortably on its convenient position with no more space for storage.
-The low profile nozzle is ideal for cleaning under beds, corners and other points of cleaning.
– It uses a transparent bottom emptying cup which makes is visible when dirt is ready to be collected.
– It uses a powerful 2200mAh Li Ion battery with running time of up to 30 minutes of cordless power.
– It has a strong suction power.
– It is affordable yet with one of the best performance.
– It is 2- in -1 vacuum which can also be used as a car vacuum to clean car sits and boots.
Potential concerns with NPOLE 2- in-1 Cordless vacuum
– The vacuum cup is small and needs frequent cleaning and disposal.
– You may find that the cleaning path is small and may take lots of working for cleaning small areas.
The NPOLE 2-in-1 is a powerful vacuum cleaner that is affordable and highly portable to clean a variety of places including your car. It has many innovative features, high efficiency and convenient design to make it an ideal cordless vacuum cleaner for car and pets. It is therefore a highly recommended vacuum cleaner if you do not mind the small vacuum cup and cleaning path.
The pros and cons of cordless vacuum cleaners
The popularity of cordless vacuum cleaners has been on the rise and this is because they have turned the cleaning of households into an exciting task. The fact that they are not tethered to a socket means that they are hassle-free and fast cleaning. They are upright and require small back pending, less cleaning movements and easy to use since they are light and small children can use it. Cordless vacuum cleaners are also compact and slim and they are ideal for quick cleans and are easy to store. They can be used to clean anywhere due to their higher portability and are highly versatile with settings and add-ons for efficient cleaning.
While cordless vacuum cleaners are good, they still present a number of challenges that include low battery life, low dust capacity, poor performance on carpets and high costs. Understanding the pros and cons of cordless vacuum cleaners is important so that you know what to expect from a vacuum cleaner and know which features to look out for when you are buying one.