Arthritis is the joint inflammation or inflammation of the lining membrane which is caused due to some damage and injury. There are various treatments available which can be done through medications or by home remedy also. There are number of treatments available for treating the general arthritis by home remedy and they are:-
- The arthritis patient should be given hot foot baths, ultrasonic diathermy, neutral immersion baths, stream baths and a massage for treating the arthritis. Lukewarm enema can also be given to cleanse the bowels and cold sprays and cold baths should be avoided.
- The arthritis patient should be given two teaspoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey mixed with warm water.
- Bogbean which is an aquatic herb cleans the urinary tract so the arthritis patient is advised to drink lots of water.
- Vitamin E is very effective for treating arthritis as it protects and improves joint mobility.
- The person should take one raw clove of garlic everyday and it should be fried in castor oil or ghee.
- Boswellia is an anti-inflammatory drug and improves circulation to the joints, inflammation and stiffness.
- Only use of acid fruits should be done by the arthritis patient.
- Guggulu is an herb and should be eaten after the meals with warm water. Some oils such as cinnamon oil, camphor oil should be rubbed on the affected joints which will help the arthritis patient to relieve pain.
- Some yogic asanas such as trikonasana, naukasana, shavasana etc and some yogic kriyas like pranayamas, jalneti and kapalbhati are beneficial for treating general arthritis.
- Plenty of rest, right kind of posture mattress, plenty of fresh air and sunshine are necessary for the treatment of arthritis patient. Some breathing exercises and walking should also be done.
- If the patient having arthritis is experiencing stiff and aching joints, mustard oil and coconut oil mixed with camphor should be massaged on the affected joints to relieve pain.
- Oil of wintergreen, eucalyptus oil, rubbing alcohol should be mixed and rubbed on the affected joints.
- Two tablespoons of mullein, one of lobelia and one teaspoon of cayenne should be mixed and a paste should be made. It should be spread on the cloth and placed on the swollen joints.
- Oil of capsicum, oil of origanum, oil of lobelia should be mixed with coconut oil and rubbed on the swollen joints which prove to be the natural remedy for the arthritis patient.
So, the patient can apply any of these treatments to reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
Be sure to also check our best mattress for arthritis and fibromyalgia patients which will help in pain relief and get a good night sleep.